Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back to cigar box guitar building

Just had a relaxing week in Sunny Spain, (didn't find any nice cigar boxes) temperature was in the 70's F. Back home and it was freezing snowy Britain - yikes! So to cheer myself up I've had an afternoon CBG building. The two new ones are coming along great. I'm interested to see how the 2 stringer turns out and what I can do with it.

I've also got my Ebay orders for various electronic components through now so I can start experimenting with different amps.

I'm meeting up with a fellow UK CBGer on Thursday for the first time. We're bringing some stuff for a bit of "show and tell" over a coffee. Should be interesting.

I'm looking into doing a bit of music mixing and editing. It's a new direction for me and so there's another steep learning curve. I've downloaded some free software which seems pretty good. It's called Audacity. When I get some free time I'll try some simple multitrack stuff and see what comes of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
I've got the Audacity software too. Haven't had time to try it yet, except to confirm that I can't seem to pick up anything through my Mic (damn!).
It looks a simple and capable bit of software though.

Jeff.

David said...

Jeff - You might need to go into the preferences section and configure the I/O settings for your computer. I've been working through this tutorial
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorials.html

which seems pretty good. Still haven't tried recording yet but had a bit of fun cutting and pasting a track.

Anonymous said...

I'll give that a go!

Cheers,

Jeff.